What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does WHITETSPLAIN Mean?WHITETSPLAIN means "A White Person Condescendingly Explaining Racial Issues to a Member of an Ethnic Minority."
The term WHITETSPLAIN is widely used on social media and in the mainstream press to describe a white person condescendingly, unnecessarily and often incorrectly, explaining racial issues to member of an ethnic community.
WHITETSPLAIN is a combination of the words "White" and "Explain." It was inspired by the term Mansplain, which has also given rise to an ever-growing list of similar terms, including:
- Gaysplain - A gay person condescendingly explaining gay issues.
- Grammarsplain - A grammar enthusiast condescendingly explaining the intricacies of grammar (especially to a language teacher).
- Journosplain - A journalist condescendingly explaining a complicated issue to a subject matter expert (e.g., a scientist).
- Queersplain - A queer person condescendingly explaining queer issues.
Summary of Key Points"A White Person Condescendingly Explaining Racial Issues to a Member of an Ethnic Minority" is the most common definition for WHITETSPLAIN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A White Person Condescendingly Explaining Racial Issues to a Member of an Ethnic Minority|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at WHITETSPLAINAs it is formed by merging two words into one, WHITETSPLAIN is a portmanteau word. It is a combination of the words White and Explain.
WHITETSPLAIN is also a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., oversharers).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of WHITETSPLAIN Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?