What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does GRAMMARSPLAIN Mean?GRAMMARSPLAIN means "A Grammar Enthusiast Condescendingly Explaining the Intricacies of Grammar."
The term GRAMMARSPLAIN is used on social media to describe a grammar enthusiast who condescendingly explains the intricacies of grammar, especially when doing so to a language teacher.
GRAMMARSPLAIN is a combination of the words "Grammar" and "Explain." It was inspired by the term Mansplain, which has also given rise to an ever-growing list of similar terms, including:
- Dietsplain - A devotee of a particular diet explaining the "scientifically-proven benefits" of their way of eating (especially to a dietitian).
- Fitsplain - A gym or fitness class member explaining fitness training (especially to a fitness coach or personal trainer).
- Gaysplain - A gay person condescendingly explaining gay issues.
- Straightsplain - A straight person explaining LGBT issues to a gay person.
- Trumpsplain - A supporter of former president Trump defending his record.
Summary of Key Points"A Grammar Enthusiast Condescendingly Explaining the Intricacies of Grammar" is the most common definition for GRAMMARSPLAIN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A Grammar Enthusiast Condescendingly Explaining the Intricacies of Grammar|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at GRAMMARSPLAINAs it is formed by merging two words into one, GRAMMARSPLAIN is a portmanteau word. It is a combination of the words Grammar and Explain.
GRAMMARSPLAIN can also be considered a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., oversharers).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of GRAMMARSPLAIN Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?