Guessability of Internet Slang Terms
Each entry in Cyber Definitions comes with an indication of how likely your audience is to guess what it means if they haven't seen it before. As this is a subjective assessment, we applied the following caveats about the person receiving the message:
- The recipient understands the context of the conversation.
- The recipient is not a specialist in the field being discussed.
- The recipient has been active in the digital arena (e.g., texts regularly, uses Facebook, uses Twitter).
- The recipient has average mental agility.
Our guessability levels are as follows:
|5: Extremely difficult to guess
|4: Difficult to guess
|2: Quite easy to guess
|1: Easy to guess
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
Please tell us using this form.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?