What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does FITSPLAIN Mean?FITSPLAIN means "A Gym or Fitness Class Member Condescendingly Explaining Fitness Training."
The term FITSPLAIN is used on social media to describe a gym or fitness class member (usually with little experience of fitness training) who condescendingly evangelizes about their training program or method (especially when doing so to a fitness coach or personal trainer)
FITSPLAIN is a combination of the words "Fit" and "Explain." It was inspired by the term Mansplain, which has also given rise to an ever-growing list of similar terms, including:
- Dietsplain - A devotee of a particular diet explaining the "scientifically-proven benefits" of their way of eating.
- Gaysplain - A gay person condescendingly explaining gay issues.
- Straightsplain - A straight person explaining LGBT issues to a gay person.
- Trumpsplain - A supporter of former president Trump defending his record.
Summary of Key Points"A Gym or Fitness Class Member Condescendingly Explaining Fitness Training" is the most common definition for FITSPLAIN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A Gym or Fitness Class Member Condescendingly Explaining Fitness Training|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at FITSPLAINAs it is formed by merging two words into one, FITSPLAIN is a portmanteau word. It is a combination of the words Fit and Explain.
FITSPLAIN is also a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., oversharers).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of FITSPLAIN Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?