What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does STRAIGHTSPLAIN Mean?STRAIGHTSPLAIN means "A Straight Person Explaining LGBT Issues to a Gay Person."
The term STRAIGHTSPLAIN is widely used on social media, especially on Twitter, to describe a straight person condescendingly, unnecessarily and often incorrectly, explaining LGBT issues to gay person.
STRAIGHTSPLAIN is a combination of the words "Straight" and "Explain." It was inspired by the term Mansplain, which has also given rise to an ever-growing list of similar terms, including:
- Gaysplain - A gay person condescendingly explaining gay issues.
- Grammarsplain - A grammar enthusiast condescendingly explaining the intricacies of grammar (especially to a language teacher).
- Journosplain - A journalist condescendingly explaining a complicated issue to a subject matter expert (e.g., a scientist).
- Queersplain - A queer person condescendingly explaining queer issues.
- Whitesplain - A white person explaining racial issues to a member of an ethnic minority.
Summary of Key Points"A Straight Person Condescendingly Explaining LGBT Issues to a Gay Person" is the most common definition for STRAIGHTSPLAIN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A Straight Person Condescendingly Explaining LGBT Issues to a Gay Person|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at STRAIGHTSPLAINAs it is formed by merging two words into one, STRAIGHTSPLAIN is a portmanteau word. It is a combination of the words Straight and Explain.
STRAIGHTSPLAIN can also be considered a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., oversharers).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of STRAIGHTSPLAIN Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?