What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does GAYSPLAIN Mean?GAYSPLAIN means "A Gay Person Condescendingly Explaining Gay Issues."
The term GAYSPLAIN is widely used on social media to describe a gay person who condescendingly explains gay issues, especially to other members of the LGBT community.
GAYSPLAIN is a combination of the words "Gay" and "Explain." It was inspired by the term Mansplain, which has also given rise to an ever-growing list of similar terms, including:
- Queersplain - A queer person condescendingly explaining queer issues.
- Straightsplain - A straight person explaining LGBT issues to a gay person.
- Trumpsplain - A supporter of former president Trump defending his record.
- Whitesplain - A white person explaining racial issues to a member of an ethnic minority.
Summary of Key Points"A Gay Person Condescendingly Explaining Gay Issues" is the most common definition for GAYSPLAIN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A Gay Person Condescendingly Explaining Gay Issues|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at GAYSPLAINAs it is formed by merging two words into one, GAYSPLAIN is a portmanteau word. It is a combination of the words Gay and Explain.
GAYSPLAIN is also a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., oversharers).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of GAYSPLAIN Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?