What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does QUEERSPLAIN Mean?QUEERSPLAIN means "A Queer Person Condescendingly Explaining Queer Issues."
The term QUEERSPLAIN is widely used on social media to refer to a queer person who is condescendingly explaining queer issues.
QUEERSPLAIN is a combination of the words "Queer" and "Explain." It was inspired by the term Mansplain, which has also given rise to an ever-growing list of similar terms, including:
- Fitsplain - A gym or fitness class member condescendingly explaining fitness training.
- Gaysplain - A gay person condescendingly explaining gay issues.
- Straightsplain - A straight person explaining LGBT issues to a gay person.
- Trumpsplain - A supporter of former president Trump defending his record.
Summary of Key Points"A Queer Person Condescendingly Explaining Queer Issues" is the most common definition for QUEERSPLAIN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A Queer Person Condescendingly Explaining Queer Issues|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at QUEERSPLAINAs it is formed by merging two words into one, QUEERSPLAIN is a portmanteau word. It is a combination of the words Queer and Explain.
QUEERSPLAIN is also a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., oversharers).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of QUEERSPLAIN Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?