What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does DAYCATION Mean?DAYCATION means "One-Day Vacation."
The word DAYCATION is widely used to refer to a day free from work or other commitments, which usually involves a visit to a local attraction or participation in some other leisure activity. However, being active on a DAYCATION is not compulsory; many people use the term to refer to any unscheduled free day.
In the UK, a DAYCATION that involved a visit to a local attraction would normally be referred to as a day trip.
DAYCATIONS are shorter versions of HOLISTAYS and STAYCATIONS.
Image for DAYCATIONWhen I write DAYCATION, I mean this: DAYCATION is usually another word for a day trip.
Summary of Key Points"One-Day Vacation" is the most common definition for DAYCATION on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about DAYCATION:
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of DAYCATION in SentencesHere are examples of DAYCATION being used in conversations:
- Ian: Can I have next Monday as a holiday?
- June: What have you got planned?
- Ian: Lynn and I are going to take a little DAYCATION at the beach.
- Gill: I need a break! I can't take any more of this.
- Karl: Take a DAYCATION tomorrow. A lie-in will do you the world of good!
An Academic Look at DAYCATIONAs it is formed by merging two words into one, DAYCATION is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating Day and Vacation.
DAYCATION is also a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or phrase which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., DAYCATION).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of DAYCATION Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?