What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does ADL Mean?ADL means "All Day Long." The abbreviation ADL is typically used in text-based communications to mean "All Day Long." ADL is normally used to indicate that the sender enjoys something so much or finds something so easy that they could do it all day without effort.
ADL can also be used with negative connotations. In such circumstances, ADL indicates that the sender has to endure something without a break. For example:
- I could ride this trail ADL. (Here, ADL expresses pleasure.)
- I had to listen to him moaning ADL. (Here, ADL expresses displeasure.)
- "Anti-Defamation League" (An international Jewish non-governmental organization based in the United States, which fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry).
- "Activities of Daily Living" (A medical term which refers to the routine activities that people tend do every day without needing assistance. There are six basic ADLs: eating, walking, bathing, dressing, toileting and continence).
Summary of Key Points"All Day Long" is the most common definition for ADL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||All Day Long|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for ADLWhen I write ADL, I mean this:
ADL can be throughout the entire day.
Examples of ADL in SentencesHere are examples of ADL being used in conversations:
- Tony: How was the tournament?
- Jordan: Great! I was on fire. I could have fought ADL.
- Tony: How was the game?
- Jordan: Cr*p! They could have played ADL against a team of kids and they still wouldn't have scored.
An Academic Look at ADLAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Dee Ell"), ADL is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
ADL is typically used as an adverb of time. An adverb of time modifies a verb to describe when the verb occurs. For example:
- He has been travelling ADL. (Here, ADL emphasizes that the verb (travelling) has occurred throughout the day.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "24/7" or "All Day Long" instead of using the abbreviation ADL.
Example of ADL Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?