What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does EOTD Mean?EOTD means "End of the Day." The abbreviation EOTD is an idiomatic expression meaning "eventually" or "ultimately" (i.e., "in the end"). It is a short form of "At the end of the day" or ATEOTD.
This cliché often sparks irritation in people who hear it as it can suggest the speaker has used it to conclude a conversation when they've run out of ideas or interesting things to say.
Summary of Key Points"End of the Day" is the most common definition for EOTD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||End of the Day|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for EOTDWhen I write EOTD, I mean this:
EOTD means "End Of The Day."
Examples of EOTD in SentencesHere are examples of EOTD being used in conversations:
- Kevin: I refused to believe my road-worker father was stealing from his job, but when I got home all the signs were there.
- Lulu: I hate to say it, but at the EOTD you are never going to be a comedian.
- Nick: I work to buy a car to go to work.
- Jonny: EOTD it's what we all do.
An Academic Look at EOTDEOTD is typically used as an adverbial phrase of time. An adverbial phrase of time modifies a verb to describe when the verb occurs. For example:
- At the EOTD everyone will go home. (Here, EOTD emphasizes that the verb (to go) will occur later.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "in conclusion" instead of EOTD.
Example of EOTD Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?