What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does DIETSPLAIN Mean?DIETSPLAIN means "A Devotee of a Particular Diet Condescendingly Explaining the 'Scientifically-Proven Benefits' of Their Way of Eating."
The term DIETSPLAIN is widely used on social media to describe a devotee a specific diet who evangelizes about their way of eating, especially when talking to a dietitian.
DIETSPLAIN is a combination of the words "Diet" and "Explain." It was inspired by the term Mansplain, which has also given rise to an ever-growing list of similar terms, including:
- Fitsplain - A gym or fitness class member condescendingly explaining fitness training.
- Gaysplain - A gay person condescendingly explaining gay issues.
- Straightsplain - A straight person explaining LGBT issues to a gay person.
- Trumpsplain - A supporter of former president Trump defending his record.
Summary of Key Points"A Devotee of a Particular Diet Condescendingly Explaining the 'Scientifically-Proven Benefits' of Their Way of Eating" is the most common definition for DIETSPLAIN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A Devotee of a Particular Diet Condescendingly Explaining the "Scientifically-Proven Benefits" of Their Way of Eating|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at DIETSPLAINAs it is formed by merging two words into one, DIETSPLAIN is a portmanteau word. It is a combination of the words Diet and Explain.
DIETSPLAIN is also a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday usage). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms. A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., oversharers).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of DIETSPLAIN Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?