What Does LOLOL Mean?LOLOL means "Lots Of Laughing Out Loud."
LOLOL is an acronym, used to indicate that the sender finds something hilarious. LOLOL is an exaggerated form of writing LOL (Laughing Out Loud). However, as with almost all forms of LOL, the use of LOLOL has become more nuanced and it is often used sarcastically. (Thereby indicating that the sender did not find what was said even slightly funny.)
Check out this page and see the video below on the evolution of LOL.
Summary of Key Points"Lots Of Laughing Out Loud" is the most common definition for LOLOL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Lots Of Laughing Out Loud|
|Type:||Acronym and Abbreviation|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for LOLOLWhen I write LOLOL, I mean this:
Take care! LOLOL may be used sarcastically.
Examples of LOLOL in SentencesHere are examples of LOLOL being used in conversations:
- Arron: Apparently I snore so loudly that it scares everyone in the car when I'm driving.
- Bill: LOLOL. You should be a comedian. (Here, LOLOL is probably being used to express genuine amusement.)
- Wendy: Did you know that Moses had the first tablet connected to the cloud?
- Mary: LOLOL. Get back to work. (Here, LOLOL is probably being used sarcastically.)
An Academic Look at LOLOLAs it is spoken like a word, LOLOL is an acronym. Acronyms contrast with initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
LOLOL is also an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement or enthusiasm.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Ha ha, very funny" instead of using LOLOL.
Example of LOLOL Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?