What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does LAWLS Mean?Lawls means "laugh out loud."
Just like lawlz and lulz, lawls is a synonym of LOL ("Laugh Out Loud"), when LOL is spoken like a word (i.e., as "lol"). For example:
- Sam: I changed my password to "wrong password," so when I forget what it is my PC reminds me of it.
- Billy: Lawls. That's funny!
- Ali: My mum only laughs at my dad's jokes when we have guests.
- Lou: Lawls. I love your mom!
Check out this page to learn more about LOL and its derivatives.
Image for LAWLSWhen I write LAWLS, I mean this: Lawls is synonym of "lol."
Summary of Key Points"Laugh Out Loud" is the most common definition for LAWLS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Laugh Out Loud|
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at LAWLSLawls is a synonym (i.e., a word with the same meaning) of LOL, when LOL is spoken as a word (i.e., as "lol").
Lawls can be considered a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday use). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms.
A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., lawls).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
The Evolution of "LOL"This video shows the evolution of the term "LOL" and the various laughing emojis: Read more about LOL.
Example of LAWLS Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?