About Cyber Definitions
About Cyber DefinitionsDue to the rise of digital gadgetry, writing is starting to overtake talking as a way of communicating informally with our family and friends. This upsurge in informal written correspondence is causing our writing habits to change rapidly.
Over the last decade, our writing has needed to become far more efficient for the following reasons:
- You are expected to respond quickly to messages.
- You are often subjected to a harsh word restriction.
- You cannot afford to spend too much time fiddling with a 3-inch "keyboard" while trying to do something else.
Our AimsThe aims of Cyber Definitions are:
- To record the new terms emerging in the digital arena.
- To provide an online "dictionary" for those who want to look up a term.
- To provide an online resource for those who want to learn the terms.
- To provide a central repository for all these new, and now-not-so-new, cyber definitions.
Our Current GuidanceHere's our current guidance about when to use these cyber terms:
We're Here to Help!As time goes on, we expect many of the types of correspondence in the "Never Use" category to start moving left towards "Safe to Use". And, when they do, more people will need to know these cyber terms.
But, don't worry. We'll be here to help!
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?