What Does LULZ Mean?LULZ means "Laugh out Loud (from LOL)". Technically, the word LULZ is not an abbreviation or an acronym but a word which copies the abbreviation LOL (Laugh Out Loud).
The practice of ending a word with Z instead of S is common in online language. Other examples include:
- There are some top LULZ on the link I sent you.
Summary of Key Points"Laugh out Loud (from LOL)" is the most common definition for LULZ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Laugh out Loud (from LOL)|
|Type:||Acronym and Abbreviation|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for LULZWhen I write LULZ, I mean this:
LULZ means "Laugh Out Loud"
Examples of LULZ in SentencesHere are examples of LULZ being used in conversations:
- Sam: I can't believe you ate all those boiled eggs in one go!
- Bret: Me neither. I only did it for the LULZ.
- Jim: My girlfriend and I often laugh about how competitive we are, but I laugh more.
- Billy: LULZ I can believe that!
An Academic Look at LULZAs its letters do not represent words, LULZ is best described as a word as opposed to an abbreviation or an acronym. LULZ is most commonly used as a noun meaning "funny internet content".
Example of LULZ Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?