What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does LULZ Mean?Lulz means "Laughs" and "LOL." Here is more information about lulz, with examples of use.
Lulz is a word based on the abbreviation LOL (Laugh Out Loud). It is used as a synonym of both "laughs" (when laughs is a plural noun) and "lol" (when lol is spoken like a word). For example:
- I only dated her for the lulz. Now I've gotta pay $500 a month in alimony for the next 18 years.
- Stop responding to the trolls on Facebook! They're only doing it for the lulz.
- Lulz! There are some top laughs on the Donald's Twitter feed this morning!
Check out this page to learn more about LOL and its derivatives.
Image for LULZWhen I write LULZ, I mean this: LULZ means "laughs" and is an alternative spelling of lol.
Summary of Key Points for First Definition"Laughs" is the most common definition for LULZ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Summary of Key Points for Second DefinitionLULZ is also an alternative spelling of LOL (Laugh Out Loud).
|Definition:||LOL (Laugh Out Loud)|
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at LULZLulz can be considered a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday use). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms.
A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., lulz).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
Example of LULZ Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what LULZ means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?