What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does LAWLZ Mean?Lawlz means "laugh out loud."
Just like lulz and lawls, lawlz is a synonym of LOL ("Laugh Out Loud"), when LOL is spoken like a word (i.e., as "lol"). For example:
- Colin: If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
- Clive: Lawlz!
- Claire: Women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.
- Celina: Lawlz!
Check out this page to learn more about LOL and its derivatives.
Image for LAWLZWhen I write LAWLZ, I mean this: Lawlz is a synonym of "lol."
Summary of Key Points"Laugh Out Loud" is the most common definition for LAWLZ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Laugh Out Loud|
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at LAWLZLawlz is a synonym (i.e., a word with the same meaning) of LOL, when LOL is spoken as a word (i.e., as "lol").
Lawlz can be considered a neologism (i.e., a newly coined word or term which has emerged into everyday use). Some neologisms are formally accepted into mainstream language (at which point, they cease to be neologisms), and some wither until they can longer be considered everyday terms.
A neologism can be:
- A completely new word (e.g., lawlz).
- A new combination of existing words (e.g., digital detox).
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., sick).
The Evolution of "LOL"This video shows the evolution of the term "LOL" and the various laughing emojis: Read more about LOL.
Example of LAWLZ Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what LAWLZ means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?