What Does LOLING Mean?LOLING is "the act of laughing out loud". The term LOLING derives from LOL (Laugh Out Loud) plus "ing".
Summary of Key Points
Definition for LOLINGLOLING means "Laughing out Loud". This is the most common meaning for LOLING on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat. (See also LOLAGE.)
|Definition:||Laughing out Loud|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Image for LOLINGWhen I write LOLING, I mean this:
LOLING is a gerund or a present participle formed from LOL.
Examples of LOLING in SentencesHere is an example of LOLING being used in a conversation:
- Tony: I can't believe I tripped in front of my crush!
- Jordan: I am still LOLING about that.
An Academic Look at LOLINGLOLING is used as a gerund or a present participle. For example:
- LOLING is good for morale. (Here, LOLING is a gerund i.e., a noun.)
- She was LOLING for about an hour. (Here, LOLING is a present participle used to form the progressive aspect.)
Example of LOLING Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?