What Does ELOL Mean?ELOL means "Evil Laugh Out Loud". Typically, ELOL is used in recognition of something being an "evil" plot.
ELOL is also used when a person is laughing at an unfortunate situation (i.e., a fall). When ELOL is used in this way, the person being laughed at will not generally find the situation funny.
Summary of Key Points"Evil Laugh Out Loud" is the most common definition for ELOL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Evil Laugh Out Loud|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for ELOLWhen I write ELOL, I mean this:
The image shows Dr. Evil and his henchmen laughing. (This is a scene from "Austin Powers International Man of Mystery.")
Examples of ELOL in SentencesHere are examples of ELOL being used in conversations:
- Tony: I am going to turn the oven up to ruin by brother's cake ELOL.
- Jordan: That's a mean trick. (Here, ELOL is used in recognition of an evil plot.)
- Tony: I failed my dance exam because I was still drunk from last night.
- Jordan: ELOL.
- Tony: Oh, thanks! (Here, ELOL is used to laugh at someone's misfortune.)
An Academic Look at ELOLAs it is spoken like a word, ELOL is an acronym. Acronyms contrast with initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
Example of ELOL Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?