What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does DIAMOND HANDS Mean?DIAMOND HANDS means "someone who holds stocks adamantly."
Within the world of trading on the stock market and in cryptocurrency, DIAMOND HANDS is used to refer to investors who hold their position and refuse to sell. DIAMOND HANDS investors are in it for the long haul and are not panicked by drops in their asset value or tempted to make quick gains when prices rise.
The origin of DIAMOND HANDS is unclear. It is thought to be either:
- Because DIAMOND HANDS are as tough as diamonds and will not be damaged by price fluctuations.
- Because DIAMOND HANDS investors hold until the stock becomes valuable, like a diamond.
- A reference to the saying "don't try to catch a falling knife," which has long been used in stock market circles to advise against buying shares whose value is falling. (The implication being that someone with DIAMOND HANDS does not have to worry about being cut by the knife, because they are resilient enough to sustain the potential losses.)
DIAMOND HANDS contrasts with PAPER HANDS (an investor who sells as soon as the stock price starts to fall).
Image for DIAMOND HANDSWhen I write DIAMOND HANDS, I mean this: An investor with DIAMOND HANDS holds their stock or cryptocurrency, despite market fluctuations.
Summary of Key Points"Someone who holds stocks adamantly" is the most common definition for DIAMOND HANDS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||someone who holds stocks adamantly|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of DIAMOND HANDS in SentencesHere are examples of DIAMOND HANDS being used in conversations:
- Toni: What are you going to do with your shares? They are dropping like crazy!
- Jo: I'm going to hold. These DIAMOND HANDS are in it for the long haul.
- Ali: BITCOIN has doubled in value since yesterday. We should sell now.
- Sam: You've gotta have DIAMOND HANDS on the way up as well as on the way down. Hold onto them. They will be worth even more in the future.
An Academic Look at DIAMOND HANDSDIAMOND HANDS is a compound noun. i.e., a noun made from at least two words.
Compound nouns can take three forms:
- With spaces (e.g., diamond hands).
- Without spaces (e.g., seafood).
- With hyphens (e.g., dry-cleaning).
Example of DIAMOND HANDS Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what DIAMOND HANDS means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?