What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does BAGHOLDER Mean?BAGHOLDER means "someone whose position has severely dropped in value." In financial slang, a bagholder is a shareholder left holding shares of worthless stocks. Typically, this person loses most or all or their money.
The term was created by combining "shareholder" with the expression "left holding the bag."
This expression has two potential origins.
- "Left holding the bag" is thought to have originated in eighteenth century Britain. A person left holding the bag is left with the stolen goods. Once caught by the police, the "bag holder" takes the blame while the rest of the criminals escape.
- Another theory is that the term comes from people in soup lines during the Great Depression. The people who held potato bags filled with their only possessions were referred to as "bag holders."
Summary of Key Points"someone whose position has severely dropped in value" is the most common definition for BAGHOLDER on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||someone whose position has severely dropped in value|
4: Difficult to guess
Image for BAGHOLDERWhen I write BAGHOLDER, I mean this:
[A BAGHOLDER loses most or all or their money.]
Examples of BAGHOLDER in SentencesHere are examples of BAGHOLDER being used in conversations:
- John: Why did you sell the stock?
- Fred: Because I didn't want to be the BAGHOLDER. The stock is vastly declining.
An Academic Look at BAGHOLDERAs it is formed by merging two words into one, BAGHOLDER is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating the terms share holder and left holding the bag.
Example of BAGHOLDER Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?