What Does WCW Mean?Nowadays, the WCW most commonly means "Woman Crush Wednesday" (especially on Snapchat and Twitter). The most common meaning used to be "World Championship Wrestling".
When used on social-media apps such as Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook, it nearly always means "Women Crush Wednesday" as opposed to "World Championship Wrestling". It is commonly seen in the form #WCW, i.e., with a hashtag (especially on Twitter).
WCW is used by men and women to show their appreciation for a female friend, partner or celebrity. The term is often used in the context of an award. For example:
- "And the winner of #WCW is...Jody for being the best friend in the world."
Summary of Key Points"Woman Crush Wednesday" is the most common definition for WCW on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Woman Crush Wednesday|
|Guessability:||4: Difficult to guess|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for WCWWhen I write WCW, I mean this:
WCW is used to show appreciation for a beautiful woman.
Examples of WCW in SentencesHere is an example of WCW being used in a conversation:
- John: The recipient of this week's WCW award is my beautiful wife Sarah!
- Sarah: Yeah, you're still not going to the football this weekend.
An Academic Look at WCWThe abbreviation WCW is typically used as a noun. However, it can also be used as an adjective. For example:
- It's WCW. (Here, it is a noun.)
- The winner of the WCW award is my auntie! (Here, it is an adjective.)
Example of WCW Used in a Text