Meaning of PUMA
What Does PUMA Mean?PUMA is a term used to describe a woman in her 30s who likes to date or have sexual relationships with younger men. The word PUMA tends not to be used in a derogatory way. In fact, it carries a connotation of the woman being sexy, if a little predatory
The term PUMA should not be confused with COUGAR, which describes a woman in her 40s seeking sexual relationships with younger men (or even JAGUAR, which describes women who are 50+).
PUMA is one of several animal-related terms that have emerged to describe the age difference between male and female partners. For example:
- COUGAR (woman in her 40s who dates younger men)
- JAGUAR (woman (50+) who likes younger men)
- KITTEN (woman with an older man)
- PANTHER (woman who likes older men)
- RHINO (older man looking for a younger woman)
- TROUT (older man looking for a younger woman)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for PUMAPUMA means "Woman who dates younger men". This is the most common definition for PUMA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about PUMA:
|Definition:||Woman who dates younger men|
2: Quite easy to guess
An Image for PUMAWhen I write PUMA, I mean this:
The image shows a woman in her 30s ("Puma") with a younger man.
Examples of PUMA in SentencesHere are examples of PUMA being used in conversations:
- Person A: Check out the cougar over there. She is eyeing up those university guys.
- Person B: She's not a cougar. She must only be in her early thirties. That makes her a PUMA!
- Person A: Isn't your date a bit young for you?
- Person B: I believe it is called being a PUMA, darling. You should try it!
An Academic Look at PUMAThe word PUMA typically plays the role of a noun, but it is occasionally seen as an adjective. For example:
- Melanie is a right PUMA! (Here, PUMA is a noun.)
- You need some PUMA loving, bro. (Although rare, PUMA can also be used as an adjective.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Mrs Jones" or "cradle snatcher" instead of PUMA.
A Text with PUMA
Using PUMA on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)