What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does TTTH Mean?TTTH means "Talk to the Hand." The abbreviation TTTH is an abrupt way of saying "Leave me alone"; it implies you're not interested and not listening. The term TTTH originated from the 1997 rom-com "The Beautician and the Beast" and was acted out with an outstretched arm, upraised hand and head pointing in the opposite direction.
The abbreviation TTTH is a shortened version of the sentence "Talk to the hand 'cos the face ain't listening."
Image for TTTHWhen I write TTTH, I mean this: The TTTH pose is a rude way to express a lack of interest.
Summary of Key Points"Talk to the Hand" is the most common definition for TTTH on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Talk to the Hand|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of TTTH in SentencesHere are examples of TTTH being used in conversations:
- Sue: Tidy your room. Do your homework. Do the dishes. Walk the dog.
- Chloe: TTTH. I'm busy.
- Martin: Are you going out dressed like that?
- Chantelle: TTTH, old timer.
An Academic Look at TTTHTTTH is used as a standalone imperative sentence (i.e., and order).
Of note, TTTH is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Tee Tee Tee Aich), but as this is harder to say than "Talk to the hand," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation TTTH is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Leave me alone" or "You're wasting your breath" instead of TTTH.
Example of TTTH Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what TTTH means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?