What Does KTHNXBI Mean?KTHNXBI (Okay Thanks Bye) carries a connotation of "thanks for nothing" or "whatever", and it is usually used to end a conversation quickly and with a passive-aggressive overtone.
Naturally, KTHNXBI can be used in many other contexts for which the meaning of its words can be taken literally.
Summary of Key Points"Okay, Thanks, Bye" is the most common definition for KTHNXBI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Okay, Thanks, Bye|
(Not technically an abbreviation)
Adults and Teenagers
Image for KTHNXBIWhen I write KTHNXBI, I mean this:
KTHNXBI usually carries a connotation of "yeah, whatever" or "thanks for nothing".
Examples of KTHNXBI in SentencesHere are examples of KTHNXBI being used in conversations:
- Person A: I've decided to go to the party with George on Saturday.
- Jordan: KTHNXBI (Here, KTHNXBI has a connotation of "whatever".)
- Person A: Your passport is in the car. Have a good trip.
- Jordan: KTHNXBI (Here, KTHNXBI does not have an aggressive connotation.)
An Academic Look at KTHNXBIKTHNXBI is not technically an initialism abbreviation. It is best described as a cyber term, which has emerged for efficiency in writing.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "thanks for nothing" or "thanks for nought" instead of KTHNXBI.
Example of KTHNXBI Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?