Meaning of K
What Does K Mean?K means "Okay". The abbreviation K is used as a way of shortening the abbreviation "OK" (meaning "Okay") still further.
As with "Okay", the use of K indicates acceptance, agreement, approval, or acknowledgment. However, it may sometimes be interpreted as lacking enthusiasm. For example:
- Person 1: Do you want to come to the game tomorrow?
- Person 2: K! Yes please! (Here, K indicates genuine enthusiasm in accepting the offer.)
- Person 1: Be home by 10 pm, or you will be grounded.
- Person 2: K. (Here, K indicates reluctant acknowledgement and acceptance of an order.)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for KK means "Okay". This is the most common definition for K on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about K:
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for KWhen I write K, I mean this:
K may indicate that something is not really Okay.
Examples of K in SentencesHere are examples of K being used in conversations:
- Toni: I have got us tickets for the game on Saturday!
- Teri: Errr, K. Can't wait.
- Cynic 1: Give me the most pointless abbreviation you've ever come across.
- Cynic 2: K.
An Academic Look at KK is best described as a shorthand term for "Okay". It is neither an initialism abbreviation nor an acronym. It is a short, phonetic version of how "Okay" sounds when said at a natural speed.
A Text with K
Using K on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)