What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does KTHXBAI Mean?KTHXBAI, KTHNXBAI, KTHXBI, and KTHNXBI all mean "Okay Thanks Bye." They all carry a connotation of "thanks for nothing" and are mostly used to end a conversation abruptly and aggressively.
Of course, KTHXBAI (and the other variations) can be used in many other contexts, i.e., not necessarily with aggressive overtones.
Summary of Key Points"Okay, Thanks, Bye" is the most common definition for KTHXBAI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Okay, Thanks, Bye|
(Not technically an abbreviation)
Adults and Teenagers
Image for KTHXBAIWhen I write KTHXBAI, I mean this:
KTHXBAI usually carries a connotation of "yeah, whatever" or "thanks for nothing."
Examples of KTHXBAI in SentencesHere are examples of KTHXBAI being used in conversations:
- Person A: Sorry, but I'm going to the concert with Martin tomorrow.
- Jordan: KTHXBAI (Here, KTHXBAI has a connotation of "whatever.")
- Person A: I'm just about to get on the plane.
- Jordan: Have a safe trip.
- Person A: KTHXBAI (Here, KTHXBAI does not have an aggressive connotation.)
An Academic Look at KTHXBAIKTHXBAI is not technically an initialism abbreviation. It is best described as a cyber term, which has emerged for efficiency in writing.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "thanks for nothing" instead of KTHXBAI.
Example of KTHXBAI Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?