What Does ILYSMM Mean?ILYSMM means "I Love You So Much More." ILYSMM is a response to someone declaring their love for you. It is often said with an element of competitiveness (i.e., the responder then expects the first person to say ILYSMM too, and so it escalates). Said in other words, ILYSMM means "I love you more than you love me."
Image for ILYSMM
When I write ILYSMM, I mean this:
"I love you so much more" (ILYSMM) means I love you more than you love me.
Summary of Key Points"I Love You So Much More" is the most common definition for ILYSMM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Love You So Much More|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ILYSMM in SentencesHere are examples of ILYSMM being used in conversations:
- Tony: You are the most wonderful person on this planet. I love you.
- Jordan: Ditto but ILYSMM.
- Tony: I love you to the moon and back.
- Jordan: ILYSMM. In fact, to the sun and back.
An Academic Look at ILYSMMILYSMM is a declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not used as a part of speech in a wider sentence.
As it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Aye El Wye Ess Em Em"), ILYSMM is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Example of ILYSMM Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoWays of saying "I love you" online
// (I love you) <2 (not in love yet) <3U (love you) 14344 (I love you very much (number of letters in each word)) BILY (because I love you) ILD (ich liebe dich (I love you)) ILU2 (I love you too) ILUM (I love you more) ILUSM (I love you so much) ILYA (I love you all) ILYAM (I love you as a mate) ILYF (I'll love you forever) ILYLT (I love you long time) ILYSDM (I love you so damn much) ILYSM (I love you so much) ILYSMB (I love you so much baby) ILYTB (I love you to bits) Using the heart symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.