What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does H8 Mean?"H8" means "Hate." The term uses the sound of the number 8 to replace "ATE". In other words:
- "H" + "8" = Hate
- H9 (To really hate, i.e., a stronger sentiment than H8)
- M9 (Best mate, i.e., better than M8)
- GR9 (Really great, i.e., better than GR8)
Summary of Key Points"Hate" is the most common definition for H8 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for H8When I write H8, I mean this:
To H8 is to hate something.
Examples of H8 in SentencesHere are examples of H8 being used in conversations:
- Tony: Don't you just H8 when girls wear extensions?
- Jordan: Tell me about it.
- Tony: Why do you H8 Jade so much?
- Jordan: I don't. She's just always right.
An Academic Look at H8H8 is not an abbreviation or an acronym but is classified as a cyber term as it employs both letters and numbers. Initially, cyber term terms were introduced for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting and on-screen keyboards, they are now mostly employed for fun. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of H8 Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?