What Does M9 Mean?M9 means "best mate", i.e. one better than M8 ("mate"). The technique of portraying "better than" by adding a number is becoming increasingly common. Other examples include:
- G3G (I really must go). (G3G is more than G2G (Got to Go).)
- H9 (To really hate). (H9 is more than H8 (To hate).)
- <4 (Strong love). (<4 is more than <3 (icon for love).)
- <2 (Not love yet). (<2 is less than <3.)
Summary of Key Points"Best Mate (i.e., one better than a M8)" is the most common definition for M9 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about M9:
(one better than a M8)
4: Difficult to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
An Image for M9When I write M9, I mean this:
M8 is a mate. M9 is a best mate.
Examples of M9 in SentencesHere are examples of M9 being used in conversations:
- Person A: I've taken your washing out the tumble dryer and folded it.
- Person B: Thanks M8!
- Person A: I'm your M9 not your M8.
- Person B: You are now, M9.
- Person A: I've got bit of a headache so I'm staying in tonight.
- Person B: M9s don't lie to each other!
- Person A: Yeah, you're right. I've arranged to meet that girl from last night.
An Academic Look at M9M9 is classified as a cyber term. It is not an abbreviation. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, cyber terms are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "bezzer" or "bestie" instead of M9.
A Text with M9