Meaning of IHU
What Does IHU Mean?IHU means "I Hate You".
The abbreviation IHU is typically used with the meaning "I Hate You" to express feelings of intense dislike. However, IHU can also be used ironically. In such cases it is often used in response to someone’s good fortune, expressing good-natured jealousy rather than actual dislike. For example:
- Angry Parent: You are grounded for the whole of this week!
- Angry Teenager: IHU! You're not my real dad! (Here, IHU expresses genuine (though, hopefully temporary) dislike.)
- Lucky Lucy: I won 1000 bucks on a scratch card!
- Jealous Jon: IHU! That's the third time this year! I never win anything. (Here, IHU expresses good-natured jealousy.)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for IHUIHU means "I Hate You (see also IHY)". This is the most common definition for IHU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about IHU:
|Definition:||I Hate You (see also IHY)|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for IHUWhen I write IHU, I mean this:
IHU doesn't always have to be so hurtful.
Examples of IHU in SentencesHere are examples of IHU being used in conversations:
- Sam: I've been offered a promotion.
- Jeremy: Congratulation! But, IHU!
- Ryan: I don't engage in mental combat with the unarmed.
- Morris: IHU. You think you're so smart, but you're an idiot.
An Academic Look at IHUThe abbreviation IHU is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not normally used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "You're Horrible" or even just "I Hate You" instead of using IHU.
A Text with IHU
Using IHU on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)