What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does F8 Mean?F8 means "Fate" (as in "events outside a person's control that have been predetermined by a supernatural power). The term uses the sound of the number 8 to replace "ATE". In other words:
- "F" + "8" = Fate
- H9 (To really hate, i.e., a stronger sentiment than H8)
- M9 (Best mate, i.e., better than M8)
- GR9 (Really great, i.e., better than GR8)
Image for F8When I write F8, I mean this: I think finding that £20 was fate.
Summary of Key Points"Fate" is the most common definition for F8 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of F8 in SentencesHere are examples of F8 being used in conversations:
- Tony: We have all the same classes this year!
- Jordan: It must be F8.
- Tony: Would you say that having met me in the coffee shop this time last year was F8?
- Jordan: Yes, I feel so lucky to have met you.
An Academic Look at F8F8 is typically used as a noun. Of note, F8 is classified as a cyber term (as opposed to an acronym or an abbreviation) because it employs both letters and numbers. In the early days of texting, cyber term terms were used for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting, they are now mostly employed for fun.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of F8 Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?