What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does B/C Mean?B/C means "Because." The abbreviation B/C is typically used in computer-based conversations, such as chat forums and instant messaging, to mean "Because," as in "for the reason that" or "in view of the fact that." For example:
- I can't do that, B/C it's illegal. (Here, B/C means "for the reason that.")
- B/C it's late, I'll stay here. (Here, B/C means "in view of the fact that.")
Summary of Key Points"Because" is the most common definition for B/C on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for B/CWhen I write B/C, I mean this:
B/C means "Because"
Examples of B/C in SentencesHere are examples of B/C being used in conversations and jokes:
- Steve: What makes you think you're unpopular?
- Rachel: B/C when it comes to a group picture they always hand me the camera.
- If you can smile when things go wrong, it's B/C you have someone else to blame.
An Academic Look at B/CB/C is a contraction of the word "Because." Some contractions, such as AMP (amplifier), use the opening letters of the fully expanded version. Other contractions, like Dr (doctor), use letters from the start and end of the fully expanded version. Contractions can also be formed by replacing a letter(s) with an apostrophe, e.g., can't (cannot).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just written "because" or something like "seeing that" or "since" instead of using B/C.
Example of B/C Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?