What Does BESTY Mean?BESTY means "Best Friend".
The word BESTY is a slang term used with the meaning "Best Friend," i.e., a friend valued above others. It should be noted that it is not unusual for someone to refer to more than one of their friends as "BESTY." Therefore, a BESTY may not be a friend valued above all others, but one valued above most others.
Other abbreviations of "Best Friend" include:
Summary of Key Points"Best Friend" is the most common definition for BESTY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Image for BESTYWhen I write BESTY, I mean this:
A Best friend is a very special friend.
Examples of BESTY in SentencesHere are examples of BESTY being used in conversations:
- Tom: Can you lend me $20 until pay day?
- Eric: Anything for my BESTY.
- Tom: Thanks! You're a star.
- Eric: Actually, I was only joking. You can get lost! Do you think I was born yesterday?.
- Sian: I'll lend you $20, Eric. Please pay me back as soon as you can.
- Eric: Thanks, Sian. You really are my BESTY!
An Academic Look at BESTYBESTY is a slang word used with the meaning "Best Friend." Slang refers to words, phrases and uses of language that are regarded as very informal and which are often restricted to a special context or a particular group of users.
What Did We Used To Say?The use of BESTY to mean "Best Friend" predates the digital era.
Example of BESTY Used in a Text