What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does AYKM Mean?AYKM (Are You Kidding Me?) is an exclamation to portray a strong emotion such as joy, surprise, disgust, or disbelief. AYKM is mostly used in response to shocking news, but it can also be used to start a conversation, in which case it has the connotation of "You'll never guess what I've just learned."
Image for AYKMWhen I write AYKM, I mean this: AYKM is an exclamation meaning "Are you kidding me?"
Summary of Key Points"Are You Kidding Me?" is the most common definition for AYKM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Are You Kidding Me?|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of AYKM in SentencesHere is an example of AYKM being used in a conversation:
- Charlie: Peter has been sacked.
- Jordan: AYKM? (Here, AYKM is used as a response.)
- Charlie: AYKM?
- Jordan: What?
- Charlie: Peter has been sacked. (Here, AYKM is used to initiate a conversation.)
An Academic Look at AYKMAYKM is used as a standalone interrogative sentence, i.e., a question. (In other words, it is not used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.) Even though AYKM is a question and an exclamation, it is not always followed by a question mark or an exclamation mark.
As it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Why Kay Em"), AYKM is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "You're joking, right?" instead of AYKM.
Example of AYKM Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what AYKM means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?