What Does AVO Mean?AVO (Afternoon) usually refers to "this afternoon" and, as such, is often preceded by the word "this" (especially when spoken aloud). AVO can also be used as a greeting (especially in Australia) meaning "Good afternoon."
Summary of Key Points"Afternoon" is the most common definition for AVO on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AVOWhen I write AVO, I mean this:
AVO usually means "this afternoon."
Examples of AVO in SentencesHere are examples of AVO being used in sentences:
- I'm going fishing this AVO. (Here, AVO is used to mean "afternoon.")
- AVO, cobber. (Here, AVO is used as a greeting.)
An Academic Look at AVOBy itself, AVO is a noun. However, it is typically used as an adverb of time meaning "this afternoon." An adverb of time modifies a verb to describe when the verb occurs. For example:
- We're driving this AVO. (Here, "this AVO" modifies the verb are driving.)
Example of AVO Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?