What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does L8TR Mean?L8TR means "Later." This term uses the sound of the number 8 to replace the "ate" part of the word.
L8TR can be used to refer to a period of time not yet arrived, e.g., "See you later," and can sometimes be used to close a conversations with the addition of "s" or "z," as in "L8TRZ".
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what L8TR means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .
Image for L8TRWhen I write L8TR, I mean this: L8TR means later.
Summary of Key Points"Later" is the most common definition for L8TR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of L8TR in SentencesHere are examples of L8TR being used in conversations:
- Tim: Iíve got to work L8TR. Can you save me some dinner?
- Karen: Yes. I will leave yours in the oven.
- Sonia: What are you doing L8TR?
- Steve: I'm going to the cinema.
An Academic Look at L8TRL8TR is defined as a cyber term because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Many cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write words, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices such savings are less important.
Cyber terms are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations of words.
L8TR is typically used as an adverb of time. An adverb of time modifies a verb to describe when the verb occurs. For example:
- Iíll see her L8TR. (Here, L8TR emphasizes that the verb (to see) is occurring in the future.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "later" instead of L8TR.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of L8TR Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?