What Does ASA Mean?ASA means "As Soon As". The abbreviation ASA is a shortened version of ASAP (As Soon As Possible). It is used to indicate that something will happen immediately or shortly after another thing has happened.
Summary of Key Points"As Soon As" is the most common definition for ASA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||As Soon As|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for ASAWhen I write ASA, I mean this:
"As Soon As"
Examples of ASA in SentencesHere are examples of ASA being used in conversations:
- Kevin: What are your plans for tomorrow?
- Rosie: ASA I finish work, I am going to visit my parents.
- Susie: When do you want the car?
- Pete: ASA. (Here, ASA is a shortened version of ASAP.)
An Academic Look at ASAThe abbreviation ASA is classified as an initialism abbreviation as it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Eh Ess Eh"). Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
The phrase "As Soon As" is an adverb of time.
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "As Soon As" or "ASAP" instead of using the abbreviation ASA.
Example of ASA Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?