Meaning of ASAP
What Does ASAP Mean?ASAP means "As Soon As Possible". ASAP is both an acronym and an abbreviation. It is widely used with the meaning "As Soon As Possible". The use of ASAP usually implies a sense of urgency.
ASAP is thought to have originated with the US military in the 20th century. It is now very commonly used in everyday speech, both face-to-face and in test-based communications.
Due to overuse, ASAP is now considered outdated in some circles. Its use should probably be avoided in business communications.
- ASAP has the same meaning as ASAIC ("As Soon As I Can"), but is used much more widely.
- ASAP Mob is an American music collective from New York. It is a collective of rappers, record producers, music video directors and fashion designers who share similar artistic interests.
Video Summarizing ASAPHere is a video summarizing ASAP:
Summary of Key Points
Definition for ASAPASAP means "As Soon As Possible". This is the most common definition for ASAP on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about ASAP:
|Definition:||As Soon As Possible|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for ASAPWhen I write ASAP, I mean this:
Rakim Mayers is ASAP Rocky of the ASAP Mob
Examples of ASAP in SentencesHere are examples of ASAP being used in conversations:
- Boss: ASAP I am going to ban the use of that damn acronym ASAP!
- Assistant: I'll get on that ASAP.
- Tom: Can you lend me $10? I will pay you back ASAP.
- Dave: Of course. I'll get it to you ASAP.
An Academic Look at ASAPASAP is both an acronym and an initialism abbreviation. It is typically spoken like a word (i.e., "Ay-sap"), but is also often pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Ess Ay Pee").
ASAP is an adverb of time. An adverb of time states when something happens or how often.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "As Soon As Possible" instead of using ASAP.