What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does AAT Mean?AAT means "And Another Thing." The abbreviation AAT is used in instant messaging and other text-based communications with the meaning "And Another Thing," as in "Furthermore." In this context, AAT is typically used to introduce a further item in a list. For example:
- "It is going to be so big and so beautiful. AAT, they are going to pay for it."
- "You are always late. You even missed the most important meeting of the whole year. AAT, you didn't even call to say that you couldn't make it to your sister's wedding!"
Summary of Key Points"And Another Thing" is the most common definition for AAT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||And Another Thing|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AATWhen I write AAT, I mean this:
AAT often adds another point to a list of complaints.
Examples of AAT in SentencesHere are examples of AAT being used in conversations:
- Tony: That new kid is a great player!
- Jordan: He sure is. He is fast, strong and incredibly intelligent. AAT, he's my son! (Here, AAT means "And Another Thing.")
- Tony: My new girlfriend is so cute. I can't believe she wants to go out with me.
- Jordan: Nor can I. I strongly suggest you keep her in sight AAT! (Here, AAT means "At All Times.")
An Academic Look at AATAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Ay Tee"), AAT is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "And Another Thing" or "At All Times," instead of using the abbreviation AAT.
Second Definition for AATThis meaning was also noted:
|Definition:||At All Times|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of AAT Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?