What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does FTTB Mean?FTTB means "For the Time Being." The abbreviation FTTB is used in text speak to mean "For The Time Being," in the sense of temporarily or for the moment. FTB indicates that a situation or agreement will exist until another arrangement is made at some unspecified time in the future.
- "For the Time Being: A Christmas Oratorio" is a poem by W. H.Auden, which was first published in 1944. It was one of two long poems included in Auden's book also titled "For the Time Being."
- FTTB can also mean "Fiber to the Building," which is a type of fiber-optic cable installation where the cable goes to a point on a shared property and, from there, other cabling provides the connection to individual homes or offices.
Summary of Key Points"For the Time Being" is the most common definition for FTTB on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||For the Time Being|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for FTTBWhen I write FTTB, I mean this:
For The Time Being, is a poem and a book by W H Auden.
Examples of FTTB in SentencesHere are examples of FTTB being used in statements:
- FTTB the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.
- FTTB my job is secure. No one else wants it.
An Academic Look at FTTBThe abbreviation FTTB is a prepositional phrase (the preposition is for), which is used as an adverb to establish the setting for the main clause.
FTTB is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eff Tee Tee Bee), but as this is harder to say than "For The Time Being," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation FTTB is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like, "for now" or "at the moment" instead of using the abbreviation FTTB.
Example of FTTB Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?