Meaning of AAR
What Does AAR Mean?AAR means "At Any Rate". The abbreviation AAR has a meaning similar to "Nevertheless", "Even so" or "In any case". In this context, AAR is typically used to clarify a statement or to introduce an excuse.
Other common meanings of AAR are:
- "After Action Review" (A structured review of a mission, event or project to establish what happened, why it happened, and how it can be done better).
- "Air-to-Air Refuelling" (The process of transferring aviation fuel from a military aircraft tanker to another aircraft during flight).
Summary of Key Points
Definition for AARAAR means "At Any Rate". This is the most common definition for AAR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about AAR:
|Definition:||At Any Rate|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for AARWhen I write AAR, I mean this:
AAR usually means At Any Rate, but can also mean Air-To-Air Refuelling.
Examples of AAR in SentencesHere are examples of AAR being used in conversations:
- Person A: How was the party?
- Person B: Great! We were all so smashed that no-one remembers what happened! AAR, I hope they don't.
- Person A: I can't believe you were late again!
- Person B: I know. I'm sorry. AAR, I was in before Tony.
An Academic Look at AARAAR is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Ay Ar"), but as this is harder to say than "At Any Rate," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation AAR is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "At Any Rate" or "In Any Case" instead of using the abbreviation AAR.
A Text with AAR
Using AAR on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)