What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does AAR Mean?AAR means "At Any Rate." The abbreviation AAR has a meaning similar to "Nevertheless," "Even so," or "In any case." In this context, AAR is typically used to clarify a statement or to introduce an excuse.
Other common meanings of AAR are:
- "After Action Review" (A structured review of a mission, event or project to establish what happened, why it happened, and how it can be done better).
- "Air-to-Air Refuelling" (The process of transferring aviation fuel from a military aircraft tanker to another aircraft during flight).
Summary of Key Points"At Any Rate" is the most common definition for AAR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||At Any Rate|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for AARWhen I write AAR, I mean this:
AAR usually means At Any Rate, but can also mean Air-To-Air Refuelling.
Examples of AAR in SentencesHere are examples of AAR being used in conversations:
- Tony: How was the party?
- Jordan: Great! We were all so smashed that no-one remembers what happened! AAR, I hope they don't.
- Tony: I can't believe you were late again!
- Jordan: I know. I'm sorry. AAR, I was in before Tony.
An Academic Look at AARAAR is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Ay Ar"), but as this is harder to say than "At Any Rate," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation AAR is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "At Any Rate" or "In Any Case" instead of using the abbreviation AAR.
Example of AAR Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?