What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does A/W Mean?A/W means "Anyway." The abbreviation A/W is typically used in text speak to mean "Anyway."
A/W is normally used to mean "Anyway" (one word), in the sense of "in any case "; or "Any Way" (two words), in the sense of "in any manner or by any means." For example:
- A/W, what are you doing later? (In this sentence, A/W means "Anyway" as in in any case.)
- Finish the job A/W you can. (In this sentence, A/W means "Any Way" as in by any means.)
Summary of Key Points"Anyway" is the most common definition for A/W on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Image for A/WWhen I write A/W, I mean this:
"Well, I'm going to do it A/W".
Examples of A/W in SentencesHere are examples of A/W being used in jokes and conversations:
- Jason: My life is an open book. But it's very poorly written and I die in the end A/W.
- Susan: I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works A/W.
An Academic Look at A/WThe abbreviation A/W is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ay Dbl-Yoo), but as this is harder to say than "Anyway," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation A/W is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Anyway" or "Any Way" instead of using the abbreviation A/W.
Example of A/W Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?