What Does IAE Mean?IAE means "In Any Event".
The abbreviation IAE is typically used with the meaning "In Any Event" (as in "Regardless", "No matter what" or "Come what may") to move a conversation on. For example:
- You may not like politicians but, IAE, your taxes still pay their wages.
- You can do whatever you want but, IAE, she will never love you.
Summary of Key Points"In Any Event" is the most common definition for IAE on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||In Any Event|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for IAEWhen I write IAE, I mean this:
Regardless of the unofficial truce of Christmas 1914, the soldiers were ordered back to war.
Examples of IAE in SentencesHere are examples of IAE being used in conversations:
- Neale: Can I bring the dog?
- Stuart: No! IAE dogs are not allowed.
- Chloe: Do you love me because I am beautiful, or sexy, or super-intelligent?
- Matt: For all of those reasons and, IAE, you're the only person in the world who can put up with me!
An Academic Look at IAEIAE is an adverbial phrase and is used to explain how, where or when something happened. An adverb is a word that describes a verb, an adjective or another adverb. A verb is a "doing" word (e.g.,walk, sit, jump, ski). An adjective is a "describing" word (e.g., funny, sad, ugly). Adverbial phrases are adverbs made up of more than one word.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Regardless" or "Anyhow" instead of using IAE.
Example of IAE Used in a Text