What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does STASHING Mean?STASHING means "to hide a romantic interest from your friends and family." The act of STASHING a love interest has been happening for decades. The verb to STASH is a recent developement in internet slang.
Someone who is STASHING is reaping the many benefits of dating, but refusing to acknowledge their relationship to the world. A STASHER is either embarrassed of the relationship or they view their partner as temporary or replaceable.
Summary of Key Points"to hide a romantic interest from your friends and family" is the most common definition for STASHING on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||to hide a romantic interest from your friends and family|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for STASHINGWhen I write STASHING, I mean this:
[A STASHER hides their relationship from their friends and family.]
Examples of STASHING in SentencesHere are examples of STASHING being used in conversations:
- Tony: Lana keeps asking to meet my parents.
- Jordan: Why don't you take her? Are you STASHING her?
- Tony: I think I'm being STASHED.
- Jordan: You guys have zero pictures together.
An Academic Look at STASHINGSTASHING is typically used as a verb (i.e. a doing word). For example:
- I keep making excuses to avoid Jacob meeting my friends. Does that means I'm STASHING him? (Here, STASHING is being used as a verb.)
Example of STASHING Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?