What Does SLY Mean?SLY means "Still Love You". SLY can be pronounced as an acronym (i.e., spoken like the word sly) or an abbreviation (i.e., Ess Ell Why). SLY is commonly used after wronging someone or having been wronged by someone to let them know that you still love them. Of note, although rarer, SLY can also mean "She Loves You" or "Someone Loves You".
As an adjective, the word SLY (i.e., when not used as an abbreviation) means cunning, sneaky, or devious.
Summary of Key Points"Still Love You" is the most common definition for SLY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Still Love You|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for SLYWhen I write SLY, I mean this:
SLY means someone still loves you.
Examples of SLY in SentencesHere are examples of SLY being used in conversations:
- Richard: "Hey, baby, are you being followed? Because I've been seeing people behind your back."
- Elaine: You're funny SLY though.
- Mark: I'm back late tonight.
- Sharon: Okay, SLY even when you're out on the town.
An Academic Look at SLYSLY is typically used as a declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "I still love you."
Of note, SLY can be said like a word or an initialism abbreviation. (Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.)
Example of SLY Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?