What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does LUA Mean?LUA means "Love You Always." The abbreviation LUA can be used to express strong feelings of love for someone or as an informal way of ending a conversation.
Of note, "Lua" is also a name derived from "Kapu Ku'ialua," which is an ancient Hawaiian Martial art used as a form of self-defence by warriors. It is bone-breaking and joint-dislocation discipline and is still practised in North and South America.
Summary of Key Points"Love You Always" is the most common definition for LUA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Love You Always|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for LUAWhen I write LUA, I mean this:
LUA means "Love You Always."
Examples of LUA in SentencesHere are examples of LUA being used in conversations:
- Marie: Do you think we'll ever get married?
- Errol: Err, umm, we don't need to do that, you know I LUA don't you? (Here, LUA is used to express real love.)
- Tina: Thanks for dinner tonight, it was great to see you.
- Simon: No problems, LUA and hope to see you again soon. (Here, LUA is used less literally, in an informal manner.)
An Academic Look at LUAAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ell Yu Aye"), LUA is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I will love you forever" or "forever yours" instead of LUA.
Example of LUA Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?