What Does S2G Mean?S2G means "Swear to God". S2G is typically used to vouch for the veracity of a statement. For example:
- He spent the whole night looking at his phone S2G.
- S2G Did he really think you would believe that he had written the essay himself?
Summary of Key Points"Swear to God" is the most common definition for S2G on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Definition:||Swear to God|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for S2GWhen I write S2G, I mean this:
S2G means "I swear to God", which is similar in meaning to "I promise".
Examples of S2G in SentencesHere are some more examples of S2G being used in conversations:
- Tony: S2G I will throw you out of this house if you do not tidy your room. (Here, S2G has a meaning similar to "I promise".)
- Tony: S2G, let's see if he turns up on Monday. (Here, S2G has a meaning similar to "Oh, my God".)
An Academic Look at S2GS2G is typically used as an independent clause with the meaning "I swear to God".
S2G is defined as a cyber term because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Initially, cyber term terms were introduced for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting and on-screen keyboards, they are now mostly employed for fun. (Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.)
What Did We Use To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I swear to God" instead of S2G.
Example of S2G Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?