Meaning of GBY
What Does GBY Mean?GBY means "God Bless You". The abbreviation GBY with the meaning "God Bless You" is typically used to show gratitude or when saying goodbye.
- Thanks for your help! I would have been lost without you. GBU, man. (Here, GBU expresses gratitude.)
- Bye. Safe journey. GBU. (Here, GBU is used to commend the recipient to the care of God during their journey.)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for GBYGBY means "God Bless You". This is the most common definition for GBY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about GBY:
|Definition:||God Bless You|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for GBYWhen I write GBY, I mean this:
GBY is typically used to when saying goodbye or to express gratitude.
Examples of GBY in SentencesHere's an example of GBY being used in a joke:
- Little Boy: When I grow up, I want to be a king and have three wives. One to cook, one to sing and one to bathe me.
- Dad: And what about a couple to cuddle you while you sleep, son?
- Little Boy: No, daddy, I will always sleep with mommy!
- Mom [eyes filled with tears]: GBY son! But who will sleep with your wives?
- Little Boy: They can sleep with daddy.
- Dad [eyes filled with tears]: GBY, son!
An Academic Look at GBYGBY is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Gee Bee Why). However, as the abbreviation GBY is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech, it is not often uttered using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "God Bless You" instead of using the abbreviation GBY.
A Text with GBY
Using GBY on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)