What Does ROZZERS Mean?ROZZERS means "Police". ROZZERS is a long-standing slang term for the police, which derives from the late 1800s. The term is highly likely to have been coined in the time of Sir Robert Peel, who established the first police force in the area of Rossendale, Lancashire (hence ROZZERS). Other slang terms for the police include:
- 12 (the police)
- 50 (police (from Hawaii Five O))
- COP (policeman)
- FIVE O (police (from "Hawaii Five O"))
- FUZZ (police)
- PIG (police officer (derogatory))
- PIGS (the police (derogatory))
- SOW (female police officer (derogatory))
Summary of Key Points"Police (UK)" is the most common definition for ROZZERS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for ROZZERSWhen I write ROZZERS, I mean this:
ROZZERS means the Police.
Examples of ROZZERS in SentencesHere are examples of ROZZERS being used in conversations:
- Tony: Did the ROZZERS arrive last night?
- Jordan: Yeah, it all kicked off.
- Tony: The ROZZERS followed me for about a mile.
- Jordan: Are you sure they were following you? You're pretty boring.
An Academic Look at ROZZERSThe word ROZZER is a contraction of Rossendale. ROZZER is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- You should tell the ROZZERS. (Here, ROZZER is being used as a noun.)
Example of ROZZERS Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?