What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does ROFLCOPTER Mean?ROFLCOPTER means "Rolling On Floor Laughing, Rotating Like A Helicopter."
The slang term ROFLCOPTER is a superlative of the abbreviation ROTFL (Rolling On Floor Laughing). It is used to express extreme amusement.
ROFLCOPTER is believed to have originated in a forum for the online game Warcraft. It subsequently went viral and there are now many GIFs and MEMEs online with animated images of a ROFLCOPTER made up from keyboard characters, including this one on YouTube: ROFLCOPTER is one of many terms used to indicate extreme amusement. Others include:
- ROFLMFAO (Rolling On Floor Laughing My F**king A** Off).
- LSHMBH (Laughing So Hard My Belly Hurts).
- LMPO (Laughing My Pants Off).
- DOFL (Dying On Floor Laughing).
- FOFL (Falling On Floor Laughing).
Summary of Key Points"Rolling On Floor Laughing, Rotating Like A Helicopter" is the most common definition for ROFLCOPTER on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Rolling On Floor Laughing, Rotating Like A Helicopter|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for ROFLCOPTERWhen I write ROFLCOPTER, I mean this:
ROFLCOPTER can express genuine amusement, or be used sarcastically.
Examples of ROFLCOPTER in SentencesHere are examples of ROFLCOPTER being used in conversations:
- Ryan: I have kleptomania. But, when it gets bad I take something for it.
- Nadeem: Ha ha. ROFLCOPTER. Not! (Here, ROFLCOPTER indicates sarcasm.)
- Alfie: I have just read a book about Stockholm Syndrome. It started off badly but, by the end, I really liked it.
- Muhammad: ROFLCOPTER! (Here, ROFLCOPTER indicates genuine amusement.)
An Academic Look at ROFLCOPTERROFLCOPTER is a combination of the initialism abbreviation "ROFL" and part of the word "helicopter." Effectively, it is an unofficial portmanteau word (i.e., two words merged into one). Other examples of portmanteau words are SMOG (from smoke and fog) and MUPPET (from marionette and puppet).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Very Funny" or "I Split My Sides Laughing" instead of using ROFLCOPTER.
Example of ROFLCOPTER Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?